A Rite Of Passage

Many times i have read a blog post or email with a retelling of this story involving the writers own kids. I have seen it in magazines and heard friends talk about it but i have always just sat there smugly saying “never happened to me”.

It happened Monday after nap, Eilidh woke up and as happens more often than not upon entering the room i could smell poo (who can tell where this story is going) . Finding Eilidh minus her clothes is also not that unexpected but finding her with nothing but a t-shirt on is.

I life the poo and pee covered baby out the cot and observe the damage, the poo filled nappy sits in the corner with at least half its contents smeared over the sheets, bedding and up the sides of the cot. Everything was soaked with pee leading me to believe she had rid herself of the nappy pre nap.

Clean up was not fun and of course Rebecca keeps having to remind us that Eilidh poo-d in the cot, so why do i feel that i have just went through a parenting milestone – something that every parent must go through at least once.

On a less disgusting note we bought a new car yesterday , Its a Vauxhall Zafira (see a picture of it Here although this is not the one we bought, ours is blue). As you can see its a much bigger car (7 seater) to fit our expanding family, with three children all still needing car seats we needed to upgrade from the one we had. Should hopefully be picking it up on Friday :)

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to A Rite Of Passage

1. Toni says:

Dare I say that my daughter NEVER did this? My son will, though. I am certain of it. He is just a whole new breed of child than I had before….

2. Stephanie says:

Oh no!!! So far I’ve not yet had to experience this…but my mom said I did the same thing. Right now I laugh but maybe I won’t anymore…At least you got it over with maybe? :)

3. Becca says:

Oh yes, we’ve been there. A few times and now I’m to the point where she has to wear a body suit under clothes when she naps and sleeps at night. However sometimes that doesn’t even work! She will get her pants off, and stick her hands in her poopy diaper and smear it all over everything, including her face. Parenthood really is fun sometimes huh!

4. Brittany says:

Ohh I have cleaned up poo like that many times!!! Sorry you had to, too!! :(

LOVE the car!!!!

5. Meredith says:

I haven’t experienced that exactly, but figure it will come. I have had the pleasure of changing a diaper just as a bunch of baby poo came shooting out! Little Elvis was only about 2 months old, so it was breastfed baby poo and it went everywhere! I laughed because I had put on one of Bob’s sweatshirts that morning.

6. carrie says:

*sigh*
    yes it is a rite of passage. now you are part of the “club!”

woohoo! on the new car, too much fun!

7. Holly says:

Yuck! Ellie has stripped herself of her diaper in her crib before, but luckily she only pee’d. I am dreading the poo day.

Awesome car!

8. Kim says:

Oh man! That sucks… I’m sure that was not a nice surprise to walk in on.

9. Lindy says:

Oooh gawd does that mean it’s going to happen to me too?!??!

10. Christina says:

LOL! Yep, I’ve been there, done that! Welcome to the club. ;o)

Congrats on the car, it looks great!

11. Tara says:

Been there,but not with one of my own yet… and hopefully never, lol. I was given this wisdom….

Duct tape all diapers before naps, then add a onsie, secure onsie snaps with more duct tape.

No, I have never done it, but, if the boys shows signs of the above it may not be out of the question, lol. I like your new car, it’s pretty neat looking.

12. Corin says:

Oh my goodness…my time is coming near, I can tell. It will only be a matter of months now until I too will have to brave this rite of passage as well. Good job with the uh…poo ordeal. Oh yeah, and congrats on the car!

13. Joy T. says:

Ohhhh I don’t miss those days. Not those poopy days anyway! Congrats on the new car. Very nice!