Now Sure What To Do With Myself

Its funny but for the longest time i took nap-time for granted , it happened every day without fail. Then Rebecca stopped doing it every day and i hated it , some days she would and others she wouldn’t . More time passed and its now a very rare occurrence , sure its nice not being up at the crack of dawn and instead getting up about 7/8 but i do miss the mid-morning break.

Today i get an unexpected break, my sister as usual stopped by after dropping Courtney at school and Rebecca just begged her to take her out. Big softy auntie of course agreed and of they went just as Eilidh went down for her morning nap.

So now its 10am and at least an hour ,possibly more of being kid free stretches in front of me .Even better Rebecca starts back “school” today and my sister is taken Eilidh out at the same time to have some auntie and Eilidh alone time (Isn’t my sister the best-est) . I’m hoping i can finally catch up on my blog reading :)

Right now im using DHs new laptop, his old one has been going wonky for a while and was getting more and more unreliable so he bought a new one (Just love how we can afford stuff when he really wants/needs them be it a new car or laptop but if its the girls or i we don’t have the money). Its the first time i have been on it and im finding it rather strange , for a start it has an actual space bar – the other one was lost months ago and we just used the button in the middle instead, plus its my first time using Vista rather than XP. I’m not a fan of change , i will stick with XP on my computer till people are laughing at me for being “behind the times” . I admit im TERRIFIED of doing something wrong on it, DH is a little to protective .

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Now Sure What To Do With Myself

1. Marylin says:

I’m glad you’re getting a break hon :)

I know the feeling with the boys and toys regardless…

2. Chas says:

Ugg…we hate Vista too.

3. Meredith says:

Congrats on the break!!

4. carrie says:

Oh, I hope you had a beautiful break and treated yourself a little bit!

5. Toni says:

Oh, free time. What a blessing!

6. Teresa says:

Vista is a pain. It has pretty graphics and stuff, but I liked XP better! Have you considered doing quiet time with Rebecca? Turn on a movie or have her sit on her bed reading a book or something, just to give you a little down time? I know it works for some. It didn’t work for us until Emma was a bit older.

7. kristi says:

I have only a mere 1.5 hours (sometimes less) of free-time a day, while my daughter takes her ultra-short nap, and somedays, when I don’t have work to do, it’s as if I have no idea what I should do with myself. Free time on my hands, 4 million things that need cleaning, etc., and I’m at a loss. It’s funny how that works, isn’t it? Hope you enjoyed your much-deserved break!

8. Christina says:

I’m glad you got a break! I’m sure you found a way to fill the time. :o )
    My new computer is Vista too…I don’t love that.

9. Tara says:

My new laptop will be Vista, simply because it’s a free computer and I can’t complain, lol. Otherwise (and as far as my desktop is concerned) I too will happily use XP until I am mocked and called ancient and probably well beyond that. Hey hubby has one that is still set up on Windows95, lol.